"Get Your Kicks...In 2006!"
January 2, 2006 - 03:19.
Extra “Happy New Year” points for recognizing the tune paraphrased in that headline!
I hope the year 2006 is off to a great start for you. I had a great time party-hopping, and started my New Year’s Day with a healthy antioxidant breakfast of blueberries and yogurt, thanks to the doggie bag sent home with me by hostess-with-the-mostest Barb Brin, at whose house my friend Karl and I rang in the new year.
The Southern Theater event was remarkable, too, and not just because of the food. Check out the entertainment lineup:
- Debonaire Johan van Parys was delightful as the evening’s Belgian-accented emcee.
- Stage beauty Carolyn Koenig’s gutsy rendition of David Friedman’s comic “My Simple Wish” (the lyrics of which include, “I want to be rich, famous and powerful…”—indeed, don’t we all?) backed by sexy keyboardist Walter Tambor.
- A tango dancing couple who seemed to have fun but not as much fun as Karl and I had taking lessons at On Your Toes School of Dance in St. Louis Park.
- Aerialist Risa Cohen, who is too graceful for words…absolutely unbelieveable and worth the price of admission all by herself.
- And last but not least, girlfriend Teresa Clark breakin’ up the crowd with her hilarious standup comedy routine! (Guys, I hope you checked for nose hairs. ‘nuf said!)
Quite a lazy day today, as is fitting after such a late night, and I am planning on an equally sedentary January 2. Only five days to go before the debut of my show! I hope you’ll be listening to FM 100.3 KTLK on Saturday at 5 p.m. for the dawn of Night & Day!
Peace in the new year,